ICTS Hellas installed an integrated security system at Souda Port on behalf of the Chania Port. The project, budgeted at 1.4M euros is one of the major port security projects in Greece and was delivered fully operational and on time in just four months.
What we did:
The system included access control capability, digital identification of vehicles and users entering the site port and registration of unaccompanied luggage. Α Security Control Center operating within the Port facility handles all security information transmitted in real time and instantly alerts Port Security Officer, if necessary. The access control system is interconnected with all ISPS Code-obliged ships that are served by the port facility on regular basis. Α portable hovel was constructed including a built-in X-Ray machine and metal detector for passenger and baggage control at any spot within the Port. A Wi-Fi system was set up with its signal ranging along the port in order to facilitate all ship passengers.
What we achieved:
- Minimum interference from the implementation of the system and procedures on passenger ships, personnel, and cargo and ship visitors.
- Minimize time for identification and authorization of entry and stay of people (workers, travelers and other users) at the facility.
- Security system compatibility with systems on ships regularly using the port facility – System extendibility to other ships to be served on a regular basis by the port.
- Full alignment of the Port with the requirements of the ISPS Code, the Schengen Treaty and the relevant European and Greek legislation.
- Increased arrivals of ships and cruise passengers as a result of the Port’s alignment with international safety regulations.
- Fastest activation of the Port’s crisis management procedures in case of emergency